Tuesday, February 5, 2019

The Glorious Powers of Grammarly

     Alas, I am only approximately ten words into this blog post and have already needed spellcheck twice (yes, one of those times was when I was spelling approximately, its a hard word). Grammarly works as a spell check but also works as grammar check in that it will add characters like commas or parenthesis to edit your writing, check for run-on or fragmented sentences, and even notes if the tense you're writing in has changed. 

     Not only did Grammarly help me spell and correct my grammar, but it also has a vocabulary enhancement feature that provides words I could use to replace words that are often used too much in writing. In addition, there is a plagiarism feature that can work as a safety net to assure all research-based writing or things of that nature are cited properly in your work. Grammarly is there to help me in all aspects of writing all the time---on every post I create, email I send, or paper I'm about to submit for school. Grammarly is with me, helping me, checking on me and making me become a better writer. It's like the middle school teacher that was supposed to teach you grammar is now an omniscient grammar god that is roughly 10x better than your English teacher ever was.

     Grammarly can be added to google chrome as an extension, so it edits every document you open, but can also be used to upload documents you've already created. There is also an additional feature where you can pay to have another human physically proofread and edit your work to help you further. There is no reason anyone this day in age should still misuse 'their, they're and there' or 'your, and you're' or use the Oxford comma wrong when Grammarly is there to help.

Check Grammarly out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personal Blogging

Personal blogging in a world of mass media has created news outlets that are typically less accurate and easier to digest. Bloggers of the w...